THREE CAT PRODUCTIONS ANNOUNCES 2013 LINEUP OF KIDS AND TEENS EDUCATIONAL THEATER SUMMER CAMPS
Fourth Year of Educational Youth Programming Is First Year In Partnership With Chicago Park District’s Berger Park Cultural Center
(Chicago, IL) Three Cat Education, the education arm of Three Cat Productions is excited to announce its fourth year of educational youth summer camps. Ten unique camps will each run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for one to two weeks in the Coach House at the Berger Park Cultural Center, 6205 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago IL 60660.
The six kids theater camps are available to 2nd to 6th graders and range from one to two weeks, with tuition at $195 for one week camps and $350 for two week camps. The four teens theater camps are available to middle and high schoolers and will run for two weeks with tuition at $350. Each camp will hold a performance showcase on the last day of the program.
The ten camps will focus on different elements of stagecraft to nurture young actors’ exploration of theater. The kids camps and dates are:
- Off of the Page and On to the Stage, Jr! –June 17 – 28
- Improv and Writing and Sketch, Oh, My! – July 8 – 12
- Acting Out: Comic Capers – July 15 – 19
- Acting Out: Space Aliens, Monsters, and Villains – July 22 – 26
- Puppet Masters and Storytelling – July 29 – August 2
- Lights, Camera, Broadway! Live at Berger Park – August 5 – 16
The teens camps and dates are:
- Off of the Page and On to the Stage – June 17 – 28
- Poetry, The Beats and Improv – July 8 – 19
- Shakespeare Intensive for Teenagers – July 22 – August 2
- Musical Theater Intensive for Teenagers – August 5 – 16
Three Cat Education will also run a spring youth production The Magic Games and Other Storybook Stuff on May 18 and 19. Three Cat Productions’ mainstage season includes the Chicago New Work Festival, running until May 18; Bab Fab, the 6th Annual Barbra Streisand Birthday Concert on April 20; SOLO Chicago, a showcase for individual performances running June 5 – 15; and Cabaret on the Lake, Fridays in June and July.
Three Cat Productions was founded in 2007 with a mission to create connections between theater, music, audience and artists through the production of cabaret concerts, contemporary musicals and plays, the re-invention of classic work, the development of new works and new artists, and by creating educational and outreach opportunities for the Chicagoland community. Visit the web site at www.threecatproductions.com.