Call for Visual Artists
Three Cat Productions is seeking visual artists to exhibit during the Chicago New Work Festival. Three Cat is an arts organization that focuses on developing new work and artists. The Chicago New Work Festival is a new play development series running Saturdays from January 17 to February 7, 2015 at Berger Park Coach House Theater (6205 N Sheridan Road). Art will hang in the theater for the duration of the festival, and be on view during the staged readings from 12-5 pm Saturdays, for an expected audience of over 300 attendees.
To be considered, you must reside in the Chicago area and be able to attend the opening night gala event at the theater, January 17, 2015 at 7:30 pm. Selected artists may show two pieces. Outer dimensions of artwork should be 24” or less, including frame. Artists are responsible for framing, but work does not have to be framed if it is meant to hang without one. We welcome any 2-dimensional media. We strongly encourage artists to submit work priced in the $150 and lower range. There is no commission, but we do ask artists to make a small donation back to Three Cat Productions if a work sells. Artwork will hang on a black background.
- Digital Images. Please email 2 JPGs 2MB or less of the pieces you intend to show in the Chicago New Work Festival to Jason Paul Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Portfolio. Please include a link to your website or online portfolio.
- Artist Statement. Please include 2-4 sentences of information relevant to helping the viewer better understand your artwork.
- Artist Bio and Headshot. Please include a short artist bio, and headshot if available.
- DEADLINE: January 3, 2015